1) HOW TO WASH AN E-BIKE?
- As an E-Bike is water resistant you can wash it as you would wash a normal bike.
- Remove the major part of the dirt with a water-jet (never use a high-pressure car washer)
- With a soft brush and with the aid of a bike cleaner (bike specific, do not use car or motorbike products), clean the remaining dirt
- Once it’s done, rinse the bike with water to remove the washing fluid (never use a high-pressure car washer)
- When the bike is clean, turn the bike upside down during few seconds in order to remove standing water, then wipe off the bike.
- We recommend to wipe the electrical contact plates of the battery afterwards as well
- To finish, lubricate the chain with bike specific chain lube
2) WHAT KIND OF MAINTENANCE DO I NEED TO DO ON MY E-BIKE AND HOW OFTEN?
The maintenance is pretty limited and simple. By yourself you can wash it, apply oil on the chain, wipe it down and check brake pad wear. A visit every 3 months to your local dealer is recommended to avoid any mechanical issues.
3) ARE E-BIKE BATTERIES FIXED ON THE FRAME?
Yes, the battery has a retaining system. You need a key to release the battery from the frame.
4) DO I NEED TO PEDAL WITH AN E-BIKE?
Yes, SCOTT only sells E-Bikes with pedal assist. This means that if you dont pedal, nothing happens. This assistance goes generally from +50% of additional power to +300% depending on the mode.
5) CAN I RIDE MY E-BIKE EVEN IF THE MOTOR IS OFF OR NOT ENGAGED?
Yes. Just as with a non-E-Bike, if the drive unit is off you are still able to pedal. In case of electrical Shimano DI2 gear shifting, even if you run out of battery in the middle of your ride, you will still have 100 "emergency" gear shifts.
6) HOW SHOULD I STORE THE BATTERY OF MY E-BIKE?
For longer storage we recommend you to stock the battery at ambient temperature, ideally between 18-20° Celsius. Avoid leaving your battery on your bike during cold nights or directly exposing it to the sun.
7) WHAT DO I DO IF I LOSE MY E-BIKE'S BATTERY'S KEYS?
All SCOTT E-Bike keys come with a serial number. As soon as you have your bike, register your key on https://mobilesecurity.abus.com/users/register (SHIMANO & BOSCH) https://keyservice.axasecurity.com/en-GB(BROSE). This allows you to order a replacement key whenever you want.
If you don’t have this number anymore, please contact your dealer.
8) CAN I WASH MY E-BIKE?
As an E-Bike is water resistant you can wash it as you would wash a normal bike.
For improving the bearing life-cycle, do not use a high-pressure car washer. Once it’s clean, wipe off the bike and lubricate the chain with of bit of oil in order to improve the lifetime of your drive train. We recommend to wipe the electrical contact plates of the battery afterwards as well.
9) CAN I RIDE MY E-BIKE WHEN IT’S RAINING OR IN THE MUD?
Both the engine and the battery is water resistant, so there is no problem for riding in wet conditions.
10) CAN I FLY WITH AN E-BIKE?
Getting on a plane with an E-Bike requires special authorizations, please contact your airline company before booking your ticket.
11)CAN I DO THE MAINTENANCE BY MYSELF ON MY E-BIKE?
Everything related to the drive unit needs to be carried out by the manufacturer for safety and security reasons.
12) IS IS POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE BATTERY FROM MY E-BIKE?
Batteries are removable on all SCOTT bikes without tools; all you need is the key for opening the retaining system.
13) HOW FAST CAN I GO ON AN E-BIKE?
Theoretically there is no maximum speed on an E-Bike; the motor will cut out the assistance above:
45km/h: assistance's speed limit for “Speed Pedelec”(L1e-B)
25km/h: assistance's speed limit for “Powered Cycles” (L1e-A)
14) HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO CHARGE MY E-BIKE BATTERY?
Nowadays most of the batteries (500wh) need around 4.5-5 hours to be charged completely and less than 3 hours for 80%